Monday, August 27, 2012

The Blind Boar BBQ

I love barbeque.  When I say love, I mean love.  There is something about BBQ that I cannot say no to, it means so much to me.  I don't know what it is about BBQ, the food or the flavor but I just can't resist.  I have a high standard for it as well.  I know good QUE when I have it.

The Blind Boar BBQ

This place is located in a town called Norwood, NJ.  As many of you would speculate, a good BBQ place would be hard to find in NJ.  You would be right.  I have traveled much of NJ in search of good que and have turned up a handful that I can say is amazing.  

Lucky, this has reached that level.  The Blind Boar has earned a spot, in my mind, in the top 3 BBQ joints in NJ/NY area.  I know what you are saying, NY has a ton of great BBQ places.  Yes, I agree and have eaten in most to all of them already.  Blind Boar is still on my list of top 3, and that is with Dallas BBQ in mind.  

The atmosphere was great.  I felt as if I was out somewhere outside of NJ.  Yes, they had all the ornamental decor out there to sell the idea of southern feeling.  I actually enjoyed it.  When I walked into the place I was instantly greeted by a haunting aroma of BBQ.  Like the smell of their food made my mouth water instantly.  I was then greeted by the owner, Mario, and the hostess.

I walked into one of their rooms that I could only assume is their main dinning hall.  It was pleasant and made me feel very comfy.  The menu was super easy to read and understand, the only problem was that I wanted to eat it all.  They had some fantastic menu items that made me salivate.  The waiter walked over and introduced himself to us and started off with pleasantries.  He was actually very pleasant and easy to talk to.  Oh I forgot to mention, they had my favorite beer on the menu, Rogue Dead Guy ale,  that alone should make you want to go there.

I happened to be there with my friends, so we decided to order "The Killer" Combo Platter.  Which consisted of 2 types of Ribs, half a chicken, pulled pork, 4 sides and cornbread.  I was indeed very happy to see this on the menu.  That meant I was going to taste everything I wanted to eat.  Oh, this is also a food challenge.  If you were to finish this place alone within 2.5 hours, your meal is free and you get your picture on the wall.   Needless to say, challenge accepted.  I plan to come back sometime very soon to accept and defeat the challenge.  And I will document it, via pictures or video. 

Anyways, back to the food, it was great.  I haven't had this type of great BBQ in quite some time.  Their Memphis style was fantastic.  It was smoked to perfection and fell apart and melted in my mouth. Their Dr.Pepper baby back was phenomenal.  It was sweet and tangy at the same time, and it had great texture and flavor.  The BBQ half chicken was a surprise, I half expect any and all chicken to be dry.  This chicken was moist all throughout.  The pulled pork was good as well.  I love the sauce, but the pork was a little dry to my preference.  The cornbread was stuff from my dreams, it was just so good.  The four sides were good too, I wish I just had more of it.  My friends had ordered iced teas, it came in mason jars.  I fell in love once I saw the mason jars.

I cannot say any more.  I loved the place.   I loved the food.  I loved everything about it.  This is a MUST GO.  If you enjoy BBQ and good food, this is the place for you.

Here is the score:

Service: 5
Food: 4.9
Decor: 4.5
Price: 5 (great food at cheap prices!)
Total: 4.7
___
 Follow the link below for more info
http://www.theblindboar.com/

2 comments:

  1. My favorite BBQ spots in North Jersey:
    Bourbon BBQ - Wycoff, NJ
    Wood Pit - Montclair, NJ

    Tito Boy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to Blind Boar and compare... I will go to your places too... I am sure it will be tough competition.

      Also try out:
      Baileys Smokehouse - Blauvelt NY (This is on my top 3)

      Delete