Friday, May 24, 2013

Heidi's Finest

Sorry for the late post reader(s) I got jammed up at my real job yesterday.  So, bakeries are pretty awesome.  How and/or can you really go wrong with one? They usually have that fresh baked goods which really just wet your appetite for something dessert-like.  Something about fresh baked goods when it hits your nose; something I would like to call a haunting aroma. 

Heidi's Finest 

This is a fine establishment that serves many baked goods, but specializes in German baked goods.  When I first walked into the place, I was blown away just from the smell of the baked goods.  As i walked to the glass case; I was like a kid in a candy store my nose pressed up the glass wanting to eat everything.  

As I make my order of a hot chocolate and some type of pastry that escapes my mind; i am instantly hit with a smell of waffle in the air.   Yes, they make waffles here.  At first I was confused and intrigued, but then I had to have it.  The amazingness that was happening in my nose had to happen in my mouth.  I quickly go back to the counter and request one for myself.  

It wasn't too long after that my waffle arrived to my table, it was not only big but fluffy.  I love a big fluffy waffle.  It was crisp on the outside and soft and amazing on the inside.  Not too much powdered sugar on top and just enough syrup to make it a complete meal.  

Now for the real story and/or spotlight here.  They have a semi-off menu waffle that I was introduced to by one of the staff, it was a waffle that had cinnamon and vanilla in it.   I looked at the girl behind the counter and asked her if it was any good.  She looked at me and said "it tastes like Christmas".  With that type of voucher how could I not order it.  Since I was already a fan of the regular waffle, how can I resist one that tastes like Christmas. 

 

The picture above should help sell the idea.  The waffle tasted exactly how you would think Christmas would taste like.  It was a waffle that almost tasted like there was a candy cane baked into it, but not in a bad way either.  

Oh also, the girls behind the counter are wearing traditional lederhosen, so that helps too.  All in all, this place is great for dessert and or coffee and or a place to relax.  


___
Follow the link below for more information:

http://www.heidisfinestbakery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment